Taken from Classic French Kitchen Winning Touch Desserts. Must be made the day BEFORE serving.
Make and share this Chocolate Truffle Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Put the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of water placed on low heat. Leave to melt, do not stir and make sure the water in the pan does not boil.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375°F Break eggs into a bowl and sprinkle in sugar, stir well, then sprinkle in the flour and beat well until the mixture becomes light in color.
- Place butter in a bowl and beat well for 5 minutes.
- Add butter, 1 quarter at a time, to the melted chocolate, blending well with a spatula.
- Then add the egg mixture, stirring constantly.
- Grease a non-stick charlotte mould 7in in diameter with butter, or line an ordinary mould with waxed paper.
- Pour in the batter, cover with a sheet of foil or a lid and place the mould in a water bath. Cook in the oven for 2 hours.
- Make sure the water in the water bath does not evaporate during cooking, if it does, add some boiling water.
- After 2 hrs, remove cake from oven and leave to cool completely, at least 3 hours, before un-moulding.
- Once removed from the mould, place cake in the fridge. Serve the next day.