1/2 Photos of Chocolate Truffle Cake
2 hrs 20 mins
Sam #3's Note:
Taken from Classic French Kitchen Winning Touch Desserts. Must be made the day BEFORE serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of water placed on low heat. Leave to melt, do not stir and make sure the water in the pan does not boil.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375°F Break eggs into a bowl and sprinkle in sugar, stir well, then sprinkle in the flour and beat well until the mixture becomes light in color.
- 3Place butter in a bowl and beat well for 5 minutes.
- 4Add butter, 1 quarter at a time, to the melted chocolate, blending well with a spatula.
- 5Then add the egg mixture, stirring constantly.
- 6Grease a non-stick charlotte mould 7in in diameter with butter, or line an ordinary mould with waxed paper.
- 7Pour in the batter, cover with a sheet of foil or a lid and place the mould in a water bath. Cook in the oven for 2 hours.
- 8Make sure the water in the water bath does not evaporate during cooking, if it does, add some boiling water.
- 9After 2 hrs, remove cake from oven and leave to cool completely, at least 3 hours, before un-moulding.
- 10Once removed from the mould, place cake in the fridge. Serve the next day.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Truffle Cake
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.2
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 232.4 mg
- Sodium 291.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 42.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: