1/2 Photos of Chocolate Truffle Cake
1 hr 30 mins
This is a very rich moist chocolate cake. I have made it many times. It is the last birthday cake my father requested before he passed away in 1999. I think it is a Bakers Chocolate recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking square
- 1Melt chocolate with butter.
- 3Beat 2/3 Cup of sugar with egg yolks till thick and lemon coloured.
- 4Add Chocolate mixture and flour. blend well.
- 5Beat egg whites till soft peaks form. Add 2 Tbsp sugar and beat till stiff and shiny peaks form.
- 6Fold Chocolate mixture into egg whites. Blend well.
- 7Pour into greased and floured 9" springform pan.
- 8Bake at 375 for 35 - 40 minute.
- 9Cake will be moist in centre.
- 11Cake will fall in centre.
- 13Melt chocolate with butter and water.
- 14Blend until smooth.
- 15Spread over cake.
- 17Melt chocolate. Put in Sandwich bag and cut a very small hole in 1 corner. Decorate cake with con centric circles. Starting at the centre draw a knife lightly (do not cut cake) through circles to outside edge. This will create a pattern similar to spider web.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Truffle Cake
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.1
- Calories from Fat 407
- Total Fat 45.2 g
- Saturated Fat 27.2 g
- Cholesterol 197.0 mg
- Sodium 238.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 54.9 g
- Protein 7.2 g