Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a super easy, very decadent buttercream recipe that I developed to suit the chocoholic tastes of my family. If you are looking for a frosting with a rich chocolate flavor minus the cloyingly sweet taste of confectioners sugar--this is it! This recipe makes a very generous amount of frosting--I use the extra on fresh strawberries or icecream.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant espresso granules
- cream butter, sugar, and whipping cream with a hand mixer.
- add cocoa, vanilla, and espresso granules and beat until smooth and light.
- If the frosting is too dry, add more cream in small increments at a time to get desired consistency.
Perfection! This makes a smooth, satiny, delicious, deep dark chocolate frosting.