Recipe by Chocolate Truffle B&B
This is a light version on tortilla soup; zesty but not spicy. Hearty and healthy -- a great treat after a day on the slopes!
Top Review by JoeyGirl
This made a very tasty soup for a teachers' pot-luck lunch. So easy to make in the crock pot! I used fat free, low sodium broth and omitted the flour paste-thickener step--personal preference. It was especially enjoyed by the after-holidays dieters.
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (chopped)
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (chopped italian style)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn kernels (rinsed)
- 6 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in pan and saute onion and garlic; keep over low heat for 5 minutes until onion is softened and browned.
- Add rest of ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken chunks if desired.
- Simmer additional 20 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnish with sour cream, avacado, tortilla strips if desired.