Recipe by Mimi in Maine
Trifle, trifle, trifle--they are all good. It is an elegant dessert but easy to make.
- 1 (18 ounce) package fudge cake mix
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup strong coffee
- 1 (12 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- 6 (1 1/2 ounce) Heath candy bars (crushed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake cake according to directions; cool.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions; set aside.
- Crumble cake; reserve 1/2 cup.
- Place half of the remaining cake crumbs in the bottom of a 4 1/2 quart trifle dish or decorative glass bowl.
- Layer with half of the coffee, half of the pudding, half of the whipped topping, and half of the crushed candy bars.
- Repeat the layers of cake, coffee, pudding, and topping.
- Combine remaining crushed candy bars with reserved cake crumbs and sprinkle over the top.
- Refrigerate 4-5 hours before serving.