Recipe by Charlotte J
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen Paula's Party Episode IP0101 Paula shows how to remedy common cooking disasters. She demonstrates how one of her worst kitchen mistakes became one of her best-selling desserts by turning burned Blondies into a Chocolate Trifle
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lb light brown sugar
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packagescook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- mint sprig, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and butter together; add the brown sugar, then gradually add the flour and mix well.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.
- OR one pan of burnt Blondies.
- Prepare the pudding according to the package directions.
- Let cool slightly.
- Crumble the blondies into chunks, put them back into the glass dish, and sprinkle with sherry.
- Spoon the pudding over the blondies.
- Beat the cream with the sugar just until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the whipped cream onto the completely cooled trifle.
- Refrigerate until serving time.