Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen Paula's Party Episode IP0101 Paula shows how to remedy common cooking disasters. She demonstrates how one of her worst kitchen mistakes became one of her best-selling desserts by turning burned Blondies into a Chocolate Trifle
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lb light brown sugar
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packagescook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- mint sprig, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and butter together; add the brown sugar, then gradually add the flour and mix well.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.
- OR one pan of burnt Blondies.
- Prepare the pudding according to the package directions.
- Let cool slightly.
- Crumble the blondies into chunks, put them back into the glass dish, and sprinkle with sherry.
- Spoon the pudding over the blondies.
- Beat the cream with the sugar just until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the whipped cream onto the completely cooled trifle.
- Refrigerate until serving time.