Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to put together & always popular. Prep time doesn't include cooling time for cake.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packagepillsbury fudge cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (to prepare cake)
- 1⁄2 cup oil (to prepare cake)
- 3 eggs (to prepare cake)
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk (to prepare pudding)
- 1⁄2 cup strong coffee
- 1 (12 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 (1 1/2 ounce) Heath candy bars, crushed
- Bake cake according to package directions.
- NOTE, if you use a different brand cake mix, you may need different ingredients and/or amount to prepare your cake.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions; set aside.
- Crumble cake; reserve 1/2 cup.
- Place half of the remaining cake crumbs in the bottom of a 4-1/2- or 5-qt.
- trifle dish or decorative glass bowl.
- Layer with half of the coffee, half of the pudding, half of the whipped topping and half of the crushed candy bars.
- Repeat the layers of cake, coffee, pudding and whipped topping.
- Combine remaining crushed candy bars with reserved cake crumbs; sprinkle over top.
- Refrigerate 4-5 hours before serving.
I have had this with and without Kalhua,omitting the coffee, and it was one to be remembered! Delish!
I made this for a party and it was a big hit. They wouldnt let me take it home when I left! I have already been told that this is what I will bring to the next party!!
Had this at a potluck dinner I attended and it was incredible!! It was easily the most popular dessert there. The woman who brought it said it is super easy to put together. Can't wait to make it myself!