Easy to put together & always popular. Prep time doesn't include cooling time for cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package pillsbury fudge cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water (to prepare cake)
- 1/2 cup oil (to prepare cake)
- 3 eggs (to prepare cake)
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk (to prepare pudding)
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
- 1 (12 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 (1 1/2 ounce) Heath candy bars, crushed
- 1Bake cake according to package directions.
- 2NOTE, if you use a different brand cake mix, you may need different ingredients and/or amount to prepare your cake.
- 4Prepare pudding according to package directions; set aside.
- 5Crumble cake; reserve 1/2 cup.
- 6Place half of the remaining cake crumbs in the bottom of a 4-1/2- or 5-qt.
- 7trifle dish or decorative glass bowl.
- 8Layer with half of the coffee, half of the pudding, half of the whipped topping and half of the crushed candy bars.
- 9Repeat the layers of cake, coffee, pudding and whipped topping.
- 10Combine remaining crushed candy bars with reserved cake crumbs; sprinkle over top.
- 11Refrigerate 4-5 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 875.8
- Calories from Fat 456
- Total Fat 50.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 111.8 mg
- Sodium 1027.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 63.2 g
- Protein 12.1 g