Recipe by Bobtail
This is from my cookbook, titled "Chocolate" I have not tried it. (see edit below)I love the simple ingredients and easy instructions. Serve this warm with cream for dessert. it also can be frozen for about 2 months, just thaw at room temperature. Hope you enjoy! Edited to say that I have now cooked this cake. It is not a real sweet cake. The texture is a little denser than regular cake mix cake. It was delicious slightly warm with confectioners sugar dusted on top with a glass of milk! I believe it would be just the thing after a heavy meal or as a snack.
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1 cup soft margarine or 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups self rising flour, sifted
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
- confectioners' sugar, to dust
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 13 x 9 pan with butter or margarine.
- In a large mixing bowl, place all the ingredients in the order listed, EXCEPT, the chocolate chips and confectioners sugar.
- Mix well, until smooth.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan and level the surface.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, till risen and springy to the touch.
- Cool in the pan.
- Once, cool, dust with the confectioners sugar.
- Cut into squares to serve.