Recipe by bottlewasher
Since this is my first recipe to post I wanted to share one of our favorite treats. No one believes it's made with tortillas! Prep time does not include minimum 6 hours or overnight refrigeration! I cut it into 8 pieces. A coworker gave me the recipe years ago, and we've enjoyed it often. Hope you do too.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10 count) package flour tortillas (smaller ones for a taller torte, large ones for a wider torte,or 8 count)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave until melted (stir every 30 seconds).
- Cool chocolate slightly (about 5-10 minutes); it should be smooth.
- Mix in sour cream.
- Mixture should be the consistency of thick pudding.
- Spread first tortilla with layer of chocolate mix.
- Be sure to go to edges.
- Repeat until all tortillas are used.
- There should be enough chocolate mix to liberally cover the top.
- (If I've made the chocolate layers thinner, I frost the whole thing).
- Decorate with strawberries or raspberries.
- Important: Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.