Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Since this is my first recipe to post I wanted to share one of our favorite treats. No one believes it's made with tortillas! Prep time does not include minimum 6 hours or overnight refrigeration! I cut it into 8 pieces. A coworker gave me the recipe years ago, and we've enjoyed it often. Hope you do too.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave until melted (stir every 30 seconds).
- Cool chocolate slightly (about 5-10 minutes); it should be smooth.
- Mix in sour cream.
- Mixture should be the consistency of thick pudding.
- Spread first tortilla with layer of chocolate mix.
- Be sure to go to edges.
- Repeat until all tortillas are used.
- There should be enough chocolate mix to liberally cover the top.
- (If I've made the chocolate layers thinner, I frost the whole thing).
- Decorate with strawberries or raspberries.
- Important: Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
This was a quick and easy dessert but I think it next time I'll make twice the amount of topping for between the layers. I used blackberries for garnish.
Made this for Easter. Everyone was impressed how I got the layers so thin!! Ha! I put strawberry ice cream topping over the chocolate as that's all I had. Very rich. A small piece is pleny. Thanks for the neat recipe!