Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
This torte is like rich soft dark chocolate that can be served plain with raspberrys/ other fruit to temper the sweetness. Alternatively a flavouring can be added to the mixture before pouring into the mould to add intrest such as crystallised ginger or orange extract etc. Everybody I've served this to has requested the recipe and it's so easy and quick to make and serve you should really try it out! Also perfect for dinner parties as it can be made a few days in advance and just stored in the fridge until needed.
- Prepare a 7x7 dish by lining it with greaseproof paper for easy removal of the torte once cold.
- Measure out the butter and chocolate and chop up ready for adding later.
- Put the cream, sugar and salt in a pan and bring slowly to near boiling stirring constantly. You should see small bubbles at the edges of the pan.
- Add the butter and chocolate and stir well until melted. Then add any other flavourings if desired (eg ginger etc) (optional).
- Pour into prepared dish and chill in fridge overnight or until set (at least 7 hours I'd guess).
- When set torte can be turned carefully onto serving dish where it will sit firm and not ooze. You can then decorate with cream / fruit / drizzled white chocolate (optional).
A smooth, creamy dessert :0) Went down a treat at a recent party doing it in mini silicone cases & popping the mini tortes out for arrangement into a mini tower!!