Recipe by cookalot #2
White Cake cut into four layers filled with chocolate and coffee cream filling, wrapped in whipped cream and frozen. Mom used to make for Birthdays so where the recipe came from is a mystery.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 bakers semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 6 tablespoons strong coffee
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 white layer cake
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Seperate eggs.
- Cream butter and slowly add icing sugar and salt.
- Add 2 egg yolks and beat.
- Melt chocolate with coffee.
- Add to mixture.
- Beat egg whites stiff and fold into mixture.
- Slice each layer in half for a total of 4 layers.
- Spread filling between layers.
- Whip cream until stiff adding sugar and vanilla gradually, just as the cream starts to thicken.
- Spread whipped cream all over cake and place in freezer.
- Serve frozen.