1/3 Photos of Chocolate Torte
1 hr 30 mins
katie in the UP's Note:
I've been making this for years. It's very rich and always a special occasion when this is served!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Grease a springform pan; dust with cocoa. Line bottom with kitchen parchment.
- 2In 2 qt saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate with butter.
- 3In large bowl, with wire whisk beat egg yolks and vanilla.
- 4Slowly beat warm chocolate mixture into yolk mixture until blended.
- 5In small bowl with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 6Gradually beat in 1/4 cup powdered sugar until sugar dissolves and whites stand in stiff peaks.
- 7Fold beaten egg whites into chocolate mixture, one third at a time.
- 8Spoon batter into pan spreading evenly.
- 9Bake torte 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean.
- 10Cool torte in pan.
- 11When torte is cool, remove side of pan then remove torte from pan bottom; discard parchment.
- 12Cut torte in 12 wedges. Sprinkle 6 wedges with cocoa, remaining 6 wedges with confectioners sugar.
- 13Arrange wedges alternately on cake plate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Torte
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.1
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 97.8 mg
- Sodium 106.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 7.6 g