1/1 Photo of Chocolate Topped Peanut Toffee Bars (Cookie Mix)
3 hrs 10 mins
Potato chips are the secret ingredient that keep sweet in balance with salty in a candy-like toffee bar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 17 1/2 ounces betty crocker peanut butter cookie mix
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cups potato chips, lightly crushed
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1Heat oven to 350°F
- 2Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- 3In large bowl, stir cookie base ingredients until soft dough forms.
- 4Press dough in bottom of pan.
- 5Bake 10 minutes or just until dough is set.
- 6Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 7Stir in brown sugar.
- 8Heat to boiling, stirring frequently.
- 9Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 10Sprinkle potato chips and peanuts over partially baked base.
- 11Pour brown sugar mixture over chips and peanuts.
- 12Bake 15 minutes longer or until surface is bubbly.
- 13Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over chips and peanuts; return to oven for 2 minutes to soften chocolate.
- 14Spread chocolate over filling.
- 15Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- 16Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- 17For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
- 18Store covered at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Topped Peanut Toffee Bars (Cookie Mix)
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.1
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 21.0 mg
- Sodium 113.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
peanut butter cookie mix