Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
The tofu gives it a really creamy texture
- 10 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 (12 1/3 ounce) packagesmori-nu extra-firm silken tofu
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave or over a double broiler. In a food processor or blender, combine the tofu, melted chocolate, syrup, vanilla and salt; puree until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine crumbs, cocoa and sugar, stirring until well mixed. Drizzle in oil, and mix thoroughly until well combined. Using your fingers, firmly press into the bottom of your prepared pan. Pour filling over top crust and bake for about 45 minutes. Allow to cool, and chill for several hours.
Wow! I used light firm tofu. My family loved this and had no idea it was tofu! They all thought it was "mousse" cake. 4 stars instead of 5 because I thought there was too much oil for the crust, as mine was a bit soggy. This is a keeper for SURE!