Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From The Wichita Eagle - they give creds to Paula Deen, "the Southern Cooking Goddess". It's gotta be good & besides, aren't chocolate & toffee two of the greatest things? I am posting the Fudge sauce separately & will link together. Cook's Note: Assemble the trifle shortly before serving or it will get soggy. (As if soggy would stop me, right!). Cook & prep times do NOT include cake cooling time - make it early in the day or even the night before.
- 18 ounces chocolate cake mix (1 box)
- 1⁄2 cup coffee liqueur
- 2 cups fudge sauce
- 3 Heath candy bars, broken into pieces (Skor OK too)
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream, whipped
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Prepare the cake according to the package directions for a 9x13-inch cake. Cool thoroughly.
- Prick the entire top of the cake with a fork. Pour coffee liqueur over the cake and allow it to soak inches Wrap the cake with plastic and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Slice the cake into 1-inch thick pieces.
- Line the bottom of a large glass bowl with a single layer of cake. Pour 1/4 of the fudge sauce over the cake, top with ¼ of the candy bar-bits then 1/3 of the whipped cream. Repeat layering 2 more times ending with fudge sauce and candy bits. Refrigerate until ready to serve.