Recipe by lucid501
I've recently discovered how easy and yummy trifles can be for quick desserts, so I'm collecting recipes to try. This sounds heavenly! I found it on another site and it has good reviews there, but I haven't tried it yet. ZWT 3: U.S. (german chocolate cake made popular in Texas) and Great Britain (trifle and inventor of the German Chocolate cake)
- 1 german chocolate cake
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping
- 8 1⁄2 ounces chocolate-covered toffee bits, frozen and crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble cake into small pieces.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions, using the 1 2/3 cups of milk.
- In a large trifle or other glass serving bowl, place half of the crumbled cake.
- Pour half of the coffee over the cake, and spread half of the pudding over that. Top with half of the whipped topping, and then half of the candy bars.
- Repeat layers in same order with remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate until serving.