Recipe by Mirj
These are rich! As much as I prefer to bake non-dairy desserts, do not substitute margarine for the butter, the flavor just isn't the same!
Top Review by Bev
I needed a nice dessert for my husband to take my in-laws this weekend and this just fit the bill! This is a wonderful chocolatey snack square that should suit almost any occassion. Thanks Mirj!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolk, vanilla and salt.
- Blend well.
- Beat in flour just until combined.
- Turn into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- When melted, spread and sprinkle with nuts.
- Cut into squares while warm.
- Let cool completely.