I got this recipe on a supermarket checkout coupon! Very easy to make and I am often asked for the recipe. Delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 -2 cup) cup butter (anything less than real butter will adversely affect the taste of the shortbread)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (you may need more if the weather is warm or your kitchen is warm)
- 8 -9 ounces Ghirardelli double chocolate chips, melted
- 3 (1 1/2-1 7/8 ounce) Heath candy bars, chopped into very small pieces (or any toffee candy bars such as Skor)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Beat butter and sugar in a large mixer bowl until creamy.
- 3Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- 4Gradually beat in flour.
- 5Spread the mixture evenly in an ungreased 9" x 12" baking pan.
- 6Prick all over with tines of a table fork.
- 7Bake for approximately 30 to 33 minutes until the top of the shortbread is a light golden brown.
- 8Remove from oven and allow to cool, in the baking pans, for 3 or 4 minutes.
- 9Pour the melted chocolate evenly and smoothly over the shortbread.
- 10Allow chocolate to cool and then, while it is still in a liquid state, sprinkle the chopped Heath Bars over the chocolate so that the chocolate is fairly well hidden.
- 11Gently press very lightly on the candy chunks with the back of a fork so that they will be slightly embedded in the chocolate.
- 12Allow to cool completely and then cut into squares of any size that you want- I cut them into 18 squares, 3" x 2" each.
- 13Store in an airtight container (preferably a cookie tin) in a cool place.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Toffee Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.4
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 98.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g