Recipe by Tornado Ali
Have a tall, cold glass of milk ready with this gooey butter cake, it is sooooo rich and chocolatey!
Top Review by Princess Pea
Sweet, rich, chocolate deliciousness. Made this as a birthday treat for a co-worker. She and everyone else gave it 5 plus stars. I made mine look like the awesome photo, plus added some toffee chips to the top. Thanks for sharing this great recipe.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup English toffee bits
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa (or more if you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- By hand, mix egg and butter together, stir in cake mix until combined. Pat cake mixture into a lightly greased 13x9 inch pan.
- Toss English toffee bits evenly over cake mixture crust.
- Beat with electric mixer cream cheese and butter until combined, continue beating and add eggs until combined. Add vanilla, powdered sugar and cocoa until well combined.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture on top of crust, spread with rubber spatula until even, being careful to not move toffee bits too much.
- Bake uncovered in oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until top is wiggly but crusty and lightly browned. Cool, and sprinkle top with more powdered sugar and toffee, if desired.