1/1 Photo of Chocolate Toffee Graham Bars
MA HIKER's Note:
These defy description - are they a bar cookie? Or are they candy? Either way they are delicious, very very easy to make. I always make these at holiday time and I also make a big three batch amount to donate to my church's "cookie walk" at our holiday fair. Of course everyone LOVES them. I got this recipe years ago - one of my first years of teaching from a regular substitute teacher who brought them in to share.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In an 11 by 17 inch jelly roll pan, lightly greased, place whole graham crackers side by side.
- 2I also cut strips to fill in all the open spaces so the whole pan is covered.
- 3Bring the butter and brown sugar to boil.
- 4When bubbly add the chopped walnuts or pecans and bring to boil again.
- 5Pour over graham crackers.
- 6Bake 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- 8They wont fully cover the crackers.
- 9Turn off the oven but put pan back in for a minute or two to help the chips melt.
- 10Then take the pan out of the oven and spread the chips over the bars with a spatula.
- 11Sprinkle the colored nonpareils on top of these after spreading the melted chocolate to add a festive look.
- 12Let the bars cool for 1 hour or so and then cut them into little squares with a sharp knife.
- 13They might break up a bit when you do this but then it is fun to eat the scraps!
- 14Keep these in a closed container in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Toffee Graham Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1062 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.1
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.3 mg
- Sodium 24.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: