Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of those "can't eat just one" things. Believe me, if you leave a dish of them out and have a crowd around, better have another batch for back up...
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup toffee pieces
- Lay several sheets of parchment on a baking sheet or countertop.
- In a saucepan, stir together sugar, brown sugar, cream, corn syrup, cocoa powder, and salt. Cook over medium heat without stirring until mixture reaches 230° (soft ball stage).
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. Cool for a few minutes and stir for a few more minutes until mixture thickens slightly. Immediately drop by spoonfuls onto parchment and top with a sprinkling of toffee bits. Cool completely and peel off of parchment.
- Notes: Add a few chopped pecans to toffee bits for a more elegant taste.
- Also, if you can, have a second person work with you to sprinkle the toffee bits onto these. They tend to stick better when placed on the candies while they are warm.