Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
"From the buttery crust to the golden toffee, melted chocolate and chopped pecans, these bars are filled with Noel flavor." By Joni Crans. From Taste of home!
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Combine crumbs, brown sugar and butter. Press into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a saucepan, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 1 minute. Pour evenly over crust. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand until chocolate is melted. Spread evenly over the top; sprinkle with pecans. Cool completely before cutting.
These are very good but very sweet! DH loved them. I used graham crackers instead of the vanilla wafers which worked great