Recipe by Courtly
"From the buttery crust to the golden toffee, melted chocolate and chopped pecans, these bars are filled with Noel flavor." By Joni Crans. From Taste of home!
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crumbs, brown sugar and butter. Press into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a saucepan, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 1 minute. Pour evenly over crust. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand until chocolate is melted. Spread evenly over the top; sprinkle with pecans. Cool completely before cutting.