1/1 Photo of Chocolate Toffee Crunch Ice Cream Cake
3 hrs 20 mins
I was perusing the ice cream cake recipes here and couldn't find what I had in mind so I made this one up. At our house we use gluten free cake mix, lactose free ice cream, and sugar free Cool Whip so please feel free to adapt this recipe to meet your dietary needs. The cake ingredients included are for the gluten free mix I make. If your cake calls for more or less, eggs, water, or oil, make sure to use the necessary changes. Cook time is partly freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine cake mix, eggs, butter, and water.
- 3Pour into a well greased 13x9 pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 4Allow cake to cool completely.
- 5When cake is fully cooled, using a serrated knife, cut cake in half lengthwise.
- 6Place the bottom half of the cake back in the pan. Top with the softened ice cream, and spread it evenly over the cake. Sprinkle the toffee chips in an even layer over the ice cream. Place the top layer of the cake on the toffee chips/ice cream. Spread the softened Cool Whip over the top of the cake.
- 7Freeze 2 or more hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Toffee Crunch Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.1
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 91.7 mg
- Sodium 607.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 45.5 g
- Protein 7.2 g