Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are wonderful cookies, a huge crowd pleaser.
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toffee pieces, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream shortning, butter, and sugars.
- Add in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes (till light brown).
- Let cool slightly efore removing from sheet.
Not being much of a cookie eater, my teeth hurt just watching all that sugar go into this mix! That doesn't matter though--everyone who did eat the cookies said, "mmm" and that is the ultimate goal of any baker. Cookies weren't meant to be nutritious anyhow, so thanks Alia, for making my family happy.
These were great! Crunchy around the corners and chewy in the middle, just the way a cookie should be. BRAVO