Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Moist and sweet!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packagebutter recipe yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white vanilla chip
- 3 (1 1/2 ounce) chocolate-covered english toffee bars, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 32 vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease 13x9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs; blend well.
- Stir in chocolate chips, vanilla chips and candy bar pieces. (Mixture will be thick.) Press half of mixture in bottom of greased pan. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine margarine, caramels and condensed milk. Cook over medium-low heat until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Remove partially baked crust from oven. Slowly pour caramel mixture evenly over crust. Crumble remaining cake mix mixture over caramel.
- Return to oven; bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until top is set and edges are deep golden brown. Cool 20 minutes.
- Run knife around sides of pan to loosen bars. Cool 40 minutes. Refrigerate 1 hour. Cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.