1/1 Photo of Chocolate Toffee Candy Cookies (Saltine Candy)
1 hr 22 mins
1 hr 7 mins
This simple candy shows up at all of my family gatherings .This recipe is quick and easy. The saltines may sound like a strange addition to something sweet, but I have never known anyone who made this recipe just once!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Cover cookie sheet with a single layer of saltines.
- 3Boil butter, sugar, and vanilla for one minute. Pour evenly over saltines. If needed, gently spread to make even. Bake for 7 minutes.
- 4While toffee is still hot and bubbly, pour chocolate chips evenly on top of candy. When the chocolate chips begin to melt, gently spread chocolate over toffee. Freeze for one hour. Break into pieces and enjoy!
- 5***I have sprinkled nuts and/or drizzled white chocolate over the top of this candy to make it even better, but the basic recipe is outstanding as well. You can also change the type of chocolate that you use in the chips. White chocolate chips and milk chocolate both work, but make the candy incredibly sweet.***.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Toffee Candy Cookies (Saltine Candy)
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.0
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 76.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g