Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from the show Sweet Dreams with Gale Gand. She learned this from the head pastry chef at Valrhona Chocolates. These are easy and oh so good!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup other nuts (optional)
- Place the sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and caramelize it on high heat, stirring constantly. It will turn a nice amber brown in about 5 minutes. When it is a uniform caramel color, add the butter and stir it in good.
- Once mostly combined, add the chocolate and nuts, if using, and stir to blend. Pour it out onto a parchment lined baking pan, and spread it with a spatula 1/8-inch thick.
- Let it cool and break into small pieces. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
wow you need strong teeth to eat this lol! I used walnuts for this, thanks for sharing Sharon, my DS enjoyed this!