Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is a yummy, simple recipe that I got from a sweet friend.
- saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 2 ounces chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cover a cookie sheet that has sides with aluminum foil.
- Place crackers flat, touching but not overlapping on cookie sheet.
- Melt butter.
- Combine sugar with melted butter and microwave for three minutes.
- Stir and pour mixture evenly over crackers.
- Bake at 425 for 9 minute.
- Immediately after baking pour chips evenly onto crackers and spread until chocolate is melted.
- Top with pecan pieces.
- Refrigerate until hard.
- NOTE: The original recipe calls for semi sweet, we just prefer milk chocolate chips.
I've made this several times and have to add my 5 stars. What's not to love about butter, creamy milk chocolate and pecans in a super easy recipe that uses up crackers (even slightly stale ones!) I use milk chocolate bars and chop them up (only 6 oz. - this bar is sweet enough as it is). Thanks a lot.
Omg - yum!!!!