Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you can't find toffee bits, chop 4 chocolate covered toffee bars in a food processor.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup toffee pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Mix flour, 1/2 cup toffee bits, pecans, butter and sugar in a large bowl until well mixed. Press firmly onto bottom of 13x9 inch pan. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Pour milk into a large bowl. Add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 1 minute or until well blended. Spread 1 1/2 cups pudding into bottom of crust.
- Gently stir half of the cool whip topping into remaining pudding. Spread over pudding in pan. Top with remaining cool whip. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
I made this for a diabetic friend using crushed sugar free Werther's candies, Splenda,sugar free pudding and Light Cool whip....it was wonderful and everyone asked for the recipe. Thanks much!
We really enjoyed this dessert! It was easy to put together and yummy! Thanks for a keeper, looneytunesfan!