Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A yummy dessert - one that is different to the normal tiramisu. My husband came across this recipe in a weekly womans magazine I buy (he likes to flick through my mags!!) and asked me to make it for him. I am not really a dessert person, but I must admit I did like this. Hope you enjoy it.
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 3⁄4 cup strong black coffee
- 1⁄4 cup marsala
- 3⁄4 cup cream, whipped
- 2 1⁄2 cups dark chocolate melts, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared pouring custard
- 175 g sponge cake fingers
- grated dark chocolate, to serve
- cream, to serve
- cocoa, for dusting
- Line an 18cm x 28cm slice pan with baking paper extending 2cm above edges.
- Using an electric mixer, beat marscapone and icing sugar in a large bowl until combined.
- Mix coffee and marsala and gradually beat 2 tablespoons of coffee/marsala mixture into the marscapone mixture.
- Fold cream through marscapone mixture.
- Blend cooled chocolate and custard in a bowl together and chill them until both required.
- Pour remaining coffee mixture into a shallow dish and dip each sponge finger into mixture. Layer in prepared pan with marscapone mixture, finishing with chocolate custard and grated chocolate.
- Chill until required and dust with cocoa before serving in squares accompanied by cream.