Wonderful recipe from Canadian Living Cooks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups espresso coffee, warmed
- 24 crisp french-style ladyfinger cookies (recommended ( Savoiardi)
- unsweetened cocoa powder, for garnish
- dark chocolate shavings, for garnish
- 1Place the mascarpone cheese in a large bowl and set aside. With an electric mixer, beat the cream and 1/4 cup of the sugar in a medium bowl until soft peaks form.
- 2Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone.
- 3Then fold in the chilled Chocolate Zabaglione. Cover and refrigerate.
- 4Whisk the warmed espresso and the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar in another medium bowl until blended.
- 5Line a 9 1/4 by 5 by 2 3/4-inch metal loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing the plastic to extend over the sides.
- 6Working with 1 cookie at a time, dip 8 cookies into the espresso, and arrange in a single layer side by side over the bottom of the prepared pan.
- 7Spoon 1/3 of the mascarpone mixture over the cookies to cover.
- 8Repeat dipping 8 of the cookies in the espresso and layering the cookies and remaining mascarpone mixture 2 more times.
- 9Dip the remaining 8 cookies in the espresso and arrange side by side atop the tiramisu.
- 10Press lightly to compact slightly (the last layer will extend above the pan sides).
- 11Cover the tiramisu with plastic and refrigerate at least 6 hours.
- 12Unwrap the plastic from atop the tiramisu. Invert the tiramisu onto a platter.
- 13Remove the plastic. Sift the cocoa over the tiramisu, and with a vegetable peeler or sharp knife, make dark chocolate shavings and sprinkle over top.
- 14FOR THE CHOCOLATE ZABAGLIONE: Add cream and chocolate to a heavy small saucepan.
- 15Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the chocolate chips are melted and smooth.
- 16Set aside and keep warm.
- 17Whisk the egg yolks, sugar, Marsala, and salt in a large glass bowl until blended.
- 18Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, but do not allow the bottom of the bowl to touch the water.
- 19Whisk the egg mixture over the simmering water until it is thick and creamy, about 4 minutes.
- 20Remove from the heat.
- 21Using a large rubber spatula, fold the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
- 22Cover and refrigerate to chill completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.4
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 131.6 mg
- Sodium 61.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: