Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
sweet and salt
Make and share this Chocolate Thumbprints recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- chocolate ganache
- vanilla bean ganache
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add yolks, cream and vanilla.
- Beat into flour mixture until just combined.
- Roll into 2 teaspoon balls, then roll in sugar.
- Place 1" apart on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Press an indentation in the center of each with the handle of a spoon.
- Bake, rotating 1/2 way through, till just set, about 10 minutes.
- You may need to re-press indentations.
- Let cool, then fill centers with ganache.