Chef #225780's Note:
This is a basic thumbprint cookie recipe we've used in our family for years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In a bowl using an electric mixer, beat together the stick of butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla on medium speed until smooth.
- 3When smooth, about two minutes, on low speed, add flour until fully incorporated.
- 4Form balls using 2 teaspoons of dough.
- 5Place balls one inch apart on a baking sheet.
- 6Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and press thumb or wide dowel carefully into cookies to create indention.
- 7Turn pan and put in oven to bake for 7 to 9 minutes more or until golden brown on edge.
- 8Combine chocolate, remaining butter and corn syrup in double boiler, stirring occasionally until melted; allow to slightly cool to thicken.
- 9When thick, fill indentions and transfer to refrigerator (if you prefer) to set up.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (500 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1259.6
- Calories from Fat 843
- Total Fat 93.7 g
- Saturated Fat 58.5 g
- Cholesterol 167.8 mg
- Sodium 610.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 31.2 g
- Protein 16.0 g