Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a basic thumbprint cookie recipe we've used in our family for years.
Make and share this Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer, beat together the stick of butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla on medium speed until smooth.
- When smooth, about two minutes, on low speed, add flour until fully incorporated.
- Form balls using 2 teaspoons of dough.
- Place balls one inch apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and press thumb or wide dowel carefully into cookies to create indention.
- Turn pan and put in oven to bake for 7 to 9 minutes more or until golden brown on edge.
- Combine chocolate, remaining butter and corn syrup in double boiler, stirring occasionally until melted; allow to slightly cool to thicken.
- When thick, fill indentions and transfer to refrigerator (if you prefer) to set up.