Recipe by plantfreek
This cake originated in Los Angeles by Chef Michael Roberts. It has become my go-to recipe when I need a quick dessert. You can dress the cake up with a coating of ganache or just dust it with confectioner's sugar-either way you and your family or guests are going to love it!
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup cake flour
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment.
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler or melt in the microwave. Cool.
- Beat the butter until light and fluffy. Beat in sugar. Pour in chocolate and mix to combine.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gently mix in the flour until it just disappears.
- Pour into prepared pan, smooth the top, and bake about 25 minutes, until a tester comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack. Invert onto serving platter, peel paper and dust top with confectioners' sugar.