Recipe by michEgan
I got this recipe from my sister in law years ago. The flavors of chocolate, banana, and chocolate chips makes for a nice tea bread. It is Moist and flavorful too.
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
Very wonderful! I tried these as muffins (350 for 15 minutes). I think 1 cup Splenda (which I used to replace the sugar) is a little too much; 1/2 cup should be plenty. I used lite sour cream & replaced the butter with applesauce. I also used 1/4 cup mini choc chips. A great banana flavor, too!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour or 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter and sugar till fluffy.
- Add eggs.
- Beat til well blended.
- Mix dry ingredients, flour, cocoa,soda,salt,cinnamon.
- set side.
- To butter mixture, add banana, sour cream and the vanilla.
- Now mix in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased bread pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 55 minutes or till done.