Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
I wrote this because there are an astounding lack of chocolate tea recipes on the internet. The first time I heard about Chocolate Tea was doing a web search on Chocolate. There seem to be a few companies out there who sell chocolate tea. I like to stay up late and had run out of coffee. I was in real need for a good tasting caffene beverage. I first thought chocolate tea would be yucky. We are conditioned to accept chocolate with coffee as a rule but not tea. I was very mistaken! Tea and Chocolate goes very well with each other and it is also very good for your body. Both Tea and Chocolate are loaded with antioxidents. You may however not want to give this to small children because of the caffene. Not having a recipe to follow, I created one. (This One) I used these ingredients because I had them on hand and it was quicker than hunting around for my pepermint extract or messing with my powered Cocoa. This being said, If you do want to use powered cocoa or pepermint extract instead of the Ovaltine and Lifesavers please do so. Experiment. This recipe is "OpenSource" :-) You will have to adjust the sugar levels to taste. If you like you can even omit the mints. I used them and I find it gives the beverage that spceial something. This recipe makes one large coffee cup of beverage. If you use regular size coffee cups you may get two servings out of this if serving each person one serving each. To serve 1 serving each to 2 or 3 people using large coffee cups, double or tripple the recipie accodingly Enjoy ! Please let me klnow if you like it! :-)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 -3 Lifesavers candies, wint o green mints
- 2 personal size tea bags
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons ovaltine, chocolate malt
- Place water and mints into pot or sauce pan and bring to boil on medium high heat.
- Reduce heat by 1/4 and add milk. Stir slowly every now and then (You reduce the heat so the milk will not burn).
- When milk/water is almost to boil again, turn off heat.
- This should ensure the added milk is hot enough and the mints are all melted.
- Pour into coffee cup/s and add tea bags. Let tea bags steep for as long as desired.
- Remove tea bags and add sugar.
- Add 4 teaspoons of Ovaltine; stir.
- Enjoy ! Cation: Chocolate Tea will be HOT.
HHHIII im very young though... But i love it!!!!! okay i drink tea and im in middle school so what??!! i Love CHOCOLATE!!!!! o i figured out choctale tea right now....i did it very radomly SSOOO YAA I LOVE ITT!!! thanks