Recipe by LUv 2 BaKE
This delicious chocolately fudge, has mashed potato in it!! My mom has made this many times when company came over, and not once has anyone guessed that mashed potatoes were in this fudge. We have often omitted the peanuts.
Top Review by lauralie41
Nice tasting fudge! Enjoyed the peanut butter flavor along with the crunchiness from the unsalted peanuts. I did mix with my hands and used instant potatoes. No one would believe there were potatoes in this fudge! Loved the flavor and texture, will be making this again soon.
- 1 small potato (one 5 oz potato OR 1/3 cup unflavoured mashed potato)
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk (skim works well)
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter (natural works well)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted peanuts, finely chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cook potato; mash with enough milk to make it fluffy (you should have 1/3 cup mashed potato); set aside.
- Line a 8x4x2 inch loaf pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan; spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt chocolate; stir in mashed potato, peanut butter, and vanilla; stir in powdered sugar (if necessary, use your hands to mix in the last 1/4 cup sugar).
- Stir in half of the peanuts.
- Turn fudge into prepared pan, press down evenly; sprinkle with remaining peanuts, then press the peanuts into the fudge.
- Chill until firm; once firm, use the foil to lift the fudge out, cut into 1 inch squares; store in a tightly covered contatiner in the fridge.
- Yield 32 pieces.