Recipe by LMillerRN
This rich tart tastes like a Almond Joy candy bar. From Cooking Pleasures Magazine. Chill time 4 hours, standing time 30 minutes not included in prep time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup crumbled shortbread cookie
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, stir together all crust ingredients. Gently press mixture in bottom and up side of 9 in tart pan with removeable bottom.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile place whipping cream and chocolate in med microwave safe bowl. Microwave on med 1 minute 40 seconds to 2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted; stir until smooth. Stir in almond extract. Pour into cooled crust; refrigerate 45 minutes. Sprinkle almonds around edge.
- Refrigerated 4 hours or until set. Cover until ready to serve. Let stand at room temperature 15-30 minutes before serving.
- Tip: to toast almonds, place on baking sheet, bake at 375 for 5 minutes, or until golden brown.