Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very rich chocolate tart. I sort of made up the recipe but refined it and recorded exact measurements (something I am very bad at)
- 3⁄4 cup pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour
- 100 g sweet butter
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 200 g dark chocolate (at least 60% cocoa)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 300 ml cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Combine flours, icing sugar and butter in a food process and combine. Add egg yolk and water and process until pastry is combined. Be careful with the water you may not need all.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the pastry to fit a 22cm flan pan or pastry ring. Refrigerate 15 minutes
- Cover pastry case with parchment paper and fill with pastry beads or rice and blind bake for 15 mins, remove from oven.
- Remove pastry beads/rice. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C.
- Break up chocolate and place in a dish and place over simmering water to melt the chocolate. Add the sugar, vanilla paste, cream, combine.
- Remove from heat and add the eggs and salt.
- Pour into pastry case and bake for 25 to 30 mins until set.
- Just before serving sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream.