This old-fashioned tapioca pudding recipe came from my great-great-grandmother. I come from a long line of chocoholics, and I truly didn't know that tapioca pudding normally wasn't chocolate until I got married!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix milk, salt, and tapioca in 3 quart saucepan. Cook and stir until begins to thicken.
- 2Separate egg yolks from whites. Set whites aside.
- 3Mix egg yolks, sugar, and cocoa in separate saucepan. Heat and mix until creamy. Add cocoa mixture to tapioca mixture and heat until boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Add vanilla.
- 4Remove from heat. Beat egg whites until stiff then fold whites into tapioca mixture. Pudding may be eaten warm or refrigerated. My family prefers to eat it cold.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Tapioca Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.4
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 59.9 mg
- Sodium 55.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g