Recipe by Carole Reu
Top Review by sherylsprague68
I was looking for a tapioca recipe and this popped up. I couldn't wait to try it because I love chocolate. My DS and I devoured the whole thing in one day! I won't make it too often because I'd be as big as a house, but it was just delicious with a dollop of whip cream on the top!
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons tapioca
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 2⁄3 cups milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares, chopped
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee (add 1 extra tablespoon if desired)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, tapioca, and salt in a saucepan; stir in milk and egg.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add chopped chocolate squares and instant coffee.
- Cook, stirring over medium heat, until mixture comes to a full boil and chocolate is blended, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Cool for 20 minutes; stir and chill.
- Serve with whipped topping if desired.