Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 1 egg (separate!)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla
- 2 (1 ounce) baker's unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
- Scald 1 cup of milk on the double boiler.
- Add the tapioca and cook for 20 minutes or until it is clear.
- Add sugar and salt. Add the tapioca to the egg yolk mixture. Put back over boiler and cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Add the stiffly beaten egg whites, vanilla, and chocolate; blend with the rest of the 1/2 cup of scalded milk.