Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Another wonderful cake from Hershey's Best-Loved Recipes, I already had all of the ingredients on hand. If you don't have buttermilk, substitute it with 1 T. white vinegar plus milk to equal 1 cup.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Hershey's syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 12-cup fluted tube pan or a 10" tube pan.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Combine flour, 1 t. baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Add alternately with buttermilk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Measure 2 cups of batter into a small bowl. Stir in 1/4 t. baking soda and Hershey's syrup.
- Pour vanilla batter into prepared pan. Pour chocolate batter over. Swirl with a toothpick or knife.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
I made this cake because I wanted to use up some syrup. I thought it was kind of dry and will not be repeating. Not one of my favorites.