Recipe by NZR
I searched high and low for a sugar-free recipe for chocolate sauce and found this one (don't remember where it comes from).
Top Review by blottig73
Great sugar-free recipe! I followed the recipe exactly, and it turned out just as I expected. Has a more semi-sweet dark chocolate flavor than milk chocolate one. It is perfect for my application, which is homemade iced mochas and brings the calorie count WAY down when compared to Hershey's syrup. I will be making this again!
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup artificial sweetener (such as Splenda)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, combine cocoa powder, cinnamon and water. Stir or whisk until smooth. Stir and cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and boil gently for 5 minutes, stirring often. Mixture should be thick and smooth. Cool slightly, then stir in vanilla and artificial sweetener.
- Pour into a container or jar with a lid. Cover and store in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- To serve, spoon 1 to 2 tablespoonfuls over vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream.