Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A chocolate lovers dream cake, definately not your every day ordinary cake! this cake is rich and dense...you can use Milky Way bars in place of the Malted Milk bars.
- 1 cup butter, cut in pieces (no subs please!)
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 6 malted milk chocolate candy bars, cut into pieces
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan or an angel food cake pan.
- In a medium saucepan combine butter, chocolate syrup and chocolate bars; cook, stirring over low heat until bars are melted and mixture is smooth (careful not to burn mixture!).
- Remove from heat and whisk in sugar until no granules remain.
- Add/whisk in buttermilk, vanilla eggs; whisk/mix until combined.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Transfer batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 70-75 minutes, or until cake tests done.
Took this to work this afternoon - not a crumb left. This cake is very moist and would do well as a dessert cake with some cream and strawberries. This ones a keeper ! Thanks Kittencal