Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A chocolate lovers dream cake, definately not your every day ordinary cake! this cake is rich and dense...you can use Milky Way bars in place of the Malted Milk bars.
Top Review by NovaM
Took this to work this afternoon - not a crumb left. This cake is very moist and would do well as a dessert cake with some cream and strawberries. This ones a keeper ! Thanks Kittencal
- 1 cup butter, cut in pieces (no subs please!)
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 6 malted milk chocolate candy bars, cut into pieces
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan or an angel food cake pan.
- In a medium saucepan combine butter, chocolate syrup and chocolate bars; cook, stirring over low heat until bars are melted and mixture is smooth (careful not to burn mixture!).
- Remove from heat and whisk in sugar until no granules remain.
- Add/whisk in buttermilk, vanilla eggs; whisk/mix until combined.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Transfer batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 70-75 minutes, or until cake tests done.