Recipe by Debra1113
Make your own Cafe Mochas and Mocha Frappuccinos at home and stop spending so much money at those fancy coffee houses! :) This recipe has helped me save a LOT of money and still enjoy what I love! This is from the wonderful book "Cappuccino Cocktails". NOTE: The prep time does not include chilling time in the fridge.
- 1 cup sifted unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a saucepan. Whisk thoroughly.
- Add water gradually to the cocoa, stirring (not beating) with a whisk to blend thoroughly.
- Place over medium heat, stirring frequently with the whisk until mixture comes to a boil. A layer of foam may form on top of the syrup.
- Boil for 3 minutes, stirring at all times with the whisk. Reduce the heat if the syrup threatens to boil over.
- Remove from heat; pour into a heatproof liquid measuring cup (3 cup/750 ml capacity).
- Cool briefly, then chill, uncovered, in the refrigerator until completely cold.
- Strain through a fine strainer into a 2 1/2 cup (625 ml) container.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Store covered, in the refrigerator.