Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make your own Cafe Mochas and Mocha Frappuccinos at home and stop spending so much money at those fancy coffee houses! :) This recipe has helped me save a LOT of money and still enjoy what I love! This is from the wonderful book "Cappuccino Cocktails". NOTE: The prep time does not include chilling time in the fridge.
- 1 cup sifted unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine the cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a saucepan. Whisk thoroughly.
- Add water gradually to the cocoa, stirring (not beating) with a whisk to blend thoroughly.
- Place over medium heat, stirring frequently with the whisk until mixture comes to a boil. A layer of foam may form on top of the syrup.
- Boil for 3 minutes, stirring at all times with the whisk. Reduce the heat if the syrup threatens to boil over.
- Remove from heat; pour into a heatproof liquid measuring cup (3 cup/750 ml capacity).
- Cool briefly, then chill, uncovered, in the refrigerator until completely cold.
- Strain through a fine strainer into a 2 1/2 cup (625 ml) container.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Store covered, in the refrigerator.
Thank you Latte Lover for posting this chocolate syrup recipe! Very simple to make and so tasty in coffee drinks.
Loved it! I added some karo syrup to thicken and sweeten. mmmmm! It is perfect and so easy. thanks for sharing!
Oh joy! My husband has been looking for just this recipe. He is very happy with it and has volunteered to make for an upcoming patio party at a friend's home as an Iced Frappuchino! Thanks so much for sharing!