Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Use this syrup for ice cream, popcorn, set it in the fridge for candy, if you're like my sister pour some on a pickle (she does crazy stuff like that). Adding the milk and vanilla is optional because that makes it into hot chocolate! Check out my snack newsletter here! http://www.geocities.com/mrs_wongfei/cookingpage
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 4 cups milk (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Mix cocoa, salt and sugar well in a medium sauce pan.
- Stir in water and stir on medium until it begins to boil.
- Let the mix boil for 2 minutes, even if it begins to look like it'll explode.
- If your making hot cocoa add in the milk now with vanilla. Or let cool before pouring onto any snack. Besure to save any leftovers in a small jar or bottle.
Wonderful recipe. I had a drink that needed chocolate syrup and this recipe was perfect for it. I used only the cacao powder, sugar and water. Nothing else. Great texture and taste. Thanks cookie_mum :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game