Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Something lighter for the Swiss leg of ZWT 7.
Make and share this Chocolate Swiss Roll, Diabetic recipe from Food.com.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons splenda sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 3 tablespoons splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups non-dairy coffee creamer, powder
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat milk (may need more, if so add slowly)
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon other flavoring (brandy, almond, maple, etc.)
- MAKE FILLING:.
- Chill small mixer bowl and beaters in freezer.
- Add creamer and milk; whip until stiff peaks form, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add Splenda, flavorings and whip to mix. Refrigerate.
- Spray jelly roll pan (15x10x1 inch) with Baker's Joy or grease well and lightly flour pan.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar at high speed until foamy. Add 2 tablespoons Splenda, beat until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- Beat yolks 5 minutes until thick and lemon colored. Blend in milk and flavoring; then add dry ingredients, mixing at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at medium, scraping sides occasionally.
- Pour yolk mixture over whites, carefully fold by hand until evenly blended. Pour into pan and bake 7 minutes until done. Set 1 minute; loosen around edges. Invert onto towel, roll with towel from narrow end, leaving open side on bottom. Cool completely on a rack.
- Unroll and spread cake with Whipped Frosting to within 1/2 inch of edges. Save some frosting for garnish. Roll cake with frosting, decorating top of roll with frosting and toasted almond pieces. Chill until serving time. Cut into 1/2 inch slices.